More Miles More Magnesium
Magnesium is vitally important to runners for the following reasons with regards to health and performance:
1. Relaxing muscles after training
2. Helps to reduce cramps
3. Helps to reduce stress levels (caused by training and lifestyle factors)
4. Can help with Asthma sufferers (relaxes the bronchi in the lungs)
5. Improves energy levels and reduces fatigue
6. Improves Mood
7. Helps with blood pressure (relaxes blood vessels and helps dilation)
The typical runner’s diet of high carbohydrates from highly refined sugars (including fizzy drinks) and wheat products can lead towards diabetes in later years. These foods also leave the body severely lacking in magnesium. This is because the additives in these foods bind to magnesium – the body is unable to process this and it is therefore excreted out of the body. It is vitally important to reduce these types of foods for this very reason. By increasing the foods listed below, you can improve your health and performance drastically….
Fruits such as berries, avocado, passion fruit
Green Vegetables such as Broccoli, Curly Kale, Spinach, Watercress, Rocket, Asparagus, Sprouts
Nuts such as Almonds, Cashews, Brazils
Seeds such as Sesame, Pumpkin, Sunflower and Flaxseed
You can also take magnesium in a supplement form. These can be found in most good Health Food stores.
BETTER HEALTH = BETTER PERFORMANCE