RES 5km Trail Series 2021
The RES Trail Series is back this Summer for a 5 race series!
Dust off your trail shoes and get ready for the challenge of our testing 5k course!
The first run will be in May and will be held once per month from the White Horse Pub on Quarry Lane (NE34 7QZ).
The starting time window is between 8.45am-9am to allow for social distancing and you can run on your own or in socially distanced groups.
Runners will score points towards a leaderboard for their overall positions, number of races completed, new course records, a new personal best, volunteering and for completing all races.
(All runs may be subject to change due to government guidelines. If the event is unable to go ahead, we would appreciate your patience in rearranging to a new date)
Race 1 RESULTS Sunday 23rd May
Race 2 RESULTS Sunday 13th June (8.45am-9am Start)
Race 3 RESULTS Sunday 11th July (8.45am-9am Start)
Race 5 Sunday 29th August (8.45am-9am Start)
Race 6 Sunday 19th September (8.45am-9am Start)
Race 1 – Sunday 20th September 2020 RESULTS
Race 2 – Sunday 18th October RESULTS
Race 3 – Sunday 22nd November (VIRTUAL RESULTS)
Race 4 – Sunday 13th December RESULTSR
Take part for £6 per run.
If you would like to guarantee your place in the whole series – the remainder of the series pass is £25
Thank you for your support of Run Eat Sleep this year and supporting our small local business.
Please read the following instructions before entering & taking part
- Runners must pre-enter and read the race instructions below.
- Do Not Attend if showing any symptoms of coronavirus or if told to self isolate. Cough, temperature, headaches or generally feeling unwell are common symptoms. Follow all NHS guidelines.
- Runners are asked to self time. There will be a timer at the start and finish if required. Once you have completed your run, you will be asked for your time at the finish line.
- All entries fees will help our business to promote running and fitness within South Shields. Email email@example.com if you wish to take part.
- Please try to keep family/friends coming to spectate to a minimum and encourage them to watch the run on the course away from start/finish area.
- The new course will start and finish at the White Horse pub, using a route with no blind corners to reduce the chance of unexpected contact with others. Please try and keep to the left when you can.
- The course is set on public footpaths and runners do not have right of way. There may be cyclists, horse riders & dog walkers. Please be courteous to other users.
- The 2 course lap will be marked out on the day and checked that it is safe to run.
- Runners must bring their own drinks/snacks along if needed.
- Runners are advised to socially distance at all times
- Runners will be able to set off from the start line, when clear of others, between 8.45am until 9am (cut off). This will give a window to safely socially distance the start area.
- Runners can set off on their own or socially distanced in groups.
- Runners are advised to socially distance in small groups after the run and not ‘hang around’ finish line.
- Please follow all national & local lockdown guidelines at the time of the event, particularly on meeting up and travelling with others.
- Results will be put together after the race including overall positions and M/F positions