South Shields Landmark Challenge Sunday 27th December
South Shields Landmark Challenge Map Art by Paul Andrews
Take part in the South Shields Landmark Challenge on Sunday 27th December with a mix of the real and virtual events
New Landmarks, New Teams & New Start/Finish points this year.
The challenge is a new & exciting project with a combination of running, navigation and the history & heritage of South Shields. The challenge will have set start & finish points, but the remaining checkpoints can be completed in any order and you can navigate your own route. The full list of checkpoints and map will be announced on this page 7 days before the challenge. You will need to work out where the checkpoints are as a team.
How the challenge will work
- A list of landmarks and a map will be provided to entrants 1 week before the event.
- Teams must visit the landmarks by navigating their own route. There is no official map and there will be no support on the day to find the checkpoints.
- Teams can take part virtually at any time on Sunday 27th December and submit their results & photos online
- Results will be made available on Monday 28th December
- Registration/Start & Finish Point – TBC
- Weather & Terrain – Likely to be awful in December. Roads, grass, trails & hilly.
- Safety Kit – Fully charged mobile phone, water, food/snacks, emergency money