South Shields Landmark Challenge 2021
It’s back this Christmas Bank Holiday!
Take part in the South Shields Landmark Challenge on Monday 27th December with friends and family, and finish 2021 on a high!
(Artwork by Paul Andrews)
The challenge is a new & exciting project with a combination of running, navigation and the history & heritage of South Shields. The challenge will have set start & finish points, but the remaining checkpoints can be completed in any order and you can navigate your own route. The full list of checkpoints and map will be announced on this page 7 days before the challenge. You will need to work out where the checkpoints are as a team. Join us afterwards for post run refreshments & awards with all of the runners & organising team.
How the challenge will work
- A list of landmarks and a map will be provided to entrants 1 week before the event.
- Teams must have a minimum of 2 runners and a maximum of 6 runners.
- Teams must visit the landmarks by navigating their own route. There is no official marked route and teams will find the checkpoints on their own.
- Results will be made available on Tuesday 28th December
- Registration/Start & Finish Point – To be confirmed. NE33 2LD. Start and finish points will be located near to each other with plenty of car parking available.
- Start Time 9am. Teams must register between 8.15am-8.45am on the morning of the event.
- 10 Mile Distance approx. The distance is dependant on your navigation, but we expect around 10 miles on average.
- Weather & Terrain – Expect wintery conditions in December. The terrain will be a mix of roads, grass, trails & hills.
- Safety Kit – Fully charged mobile phone, water, food/snacks, emergency money, appropriate clothing for winter weather conditions. All teams must have the organising team’s contact numbers.
To Enter, please follow steps 1, 2 & 3 below.
Step 1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your team captains name, team name and all members of your team before following step 2. You will receive a reply confirming your team’s entry once payment has been made, and the maps & run details will be sent to this email address 1 week before the Challenge.
Step 2 Teams of up to 6 can enter. You can enter your team by making payment by BACS to the Run Eat Sleep Bank Account below, with your full name as a reference.
The entry fees help us to deliver our community events & support Run Eat Sleep – Run Club.
Entry fees are £7 per Team member. E.g. Team of 3 – £21.
Additional members can be added at a later date by making the £7 entry fee. Contact email@example.com
Run Eat Sleep
Sort – 30 98 97
Account – 13044562
Reference – “Your Full Name”