RES Virtual is a new online running club which has been set up to motivate & inspire people to run during the testing year of 2020. All membership fees will help our small local business to continue and we appreciate your support.
The online club was a huge boost for staying motivated and connecting with others during the first lockdown of 2020 and we are delighted to be continuing the club until the end of the year.
We’re using Strava and our RES Run Club Facebook group as a community for people to post and share with others. All runs can be done on your own in your own time following the social distancing guidelines.
What is RES Virtual and why should I join?
- Fun, challenging and enjoyable sessions set for all levels of ability
- Weekly distance challenges and targets
- Friendly online community of runners to help support each other and keep spirits high
- Take part in the RES Virtual Group Challenges on your own or with a friend
- Complete the sessions on your own local running routes or in South Shields
*** TO JOIN **
1. The membership fee is £15 until the end of the year. You will be helping our local South Shields business during these difficult times and we hope to be back promoting our fun & inclusive events as soon as possible.
2. You will need to download the Strava app to share your progress as part of the group. Strava measures your distance & pace & you can upload it onto the system. It’s a bit like facebook for runners.
Download the app & Request to join RES Virtual club here https://www.strava.com/clubs/597178
3. After signing up, you can request to join the facebook group to send us your posts/photos &
keep up to date at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1814826235494160