Penshaw to Souter Half Marathon Challenge
Join in our latest virtual half marathon challenge (13.4 miles approx) taking in some of the most iconic landmarks in the North East with a mix of road, trail and coastal paths.
The run will start at Penshaw Monument and will follow an easy to follow route along the River Wear and to the Stadium of Light, Roker Pier, Seaburn Beach and on to Souter Lighthouse.
A number of our events have been cancelled this year due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We have set up this challenge to follow the social distancing guidelines and to help support our business until the events are able to go ahead safely. Thank you for taking an interest in the challenge and we hope you enjoy it!
The challenge is £15 to take part, which includes the full map & our detailed instructions (including photos) of the course. These will be sent out to entrants via email within 24 hours of entering. Runners will receive a new design Run Eat Sleep (RES) winter hat on completing the challenge.
Virtual Run Guidelines
- You can take part on your own or with others, as long as following all of the latest government guidelines.
- Runners must be fit enough to complete the challenge and must take responsibility for their own participation
- Safety kit – A fully charged mobile phone, money (or card), drinks, snacks, & a map of the route. We do not recommend running the route in the dark.
- You may complete the challenge by a combination of running & walking.
- We will take all submissions in good faith and hope you all enjoy the event for some light hearted running fun!
- After completing the event – email email@example.com with your time to be added to the leaderboard.
Enter the Challenge below