Coastal Cliffs Challenge 2020
Our NEW Coastal Cliffs Challenge is a virtual 10 mile race along the coastline of South Shields, Marsden & Whitburn and can be completed any day or time from Monday 27th July to Monday 3rd August.
The challenge will be held in a virtual format but on our selected course to make it a fair & honest race. There will be a Coastal Cliffs Challenge medal for all participants entered by the midday of Wednesday 29th July which can be collected from South Shields. Runs must be submitted to our Strava Club or sent to Luke@runeatsleep.co.uk. Full results for the race will be published on Tuesday 4th August and medals can be collected from this date.
Video by SouthShields360
Results CLICK HERE
Map of Route – CLICK HERE
Strava Club – CLICK HERE
- Start Line – Promenade at South Shields (Souter Lighthouse & Sunderland sign). Follow the coastal path along to Marsden, Souter Lighthouse and continue on to Whitburn before joining the coast road at Latimers (see below)
2. Turning Point at Latimers
3. Finish Line. Bus stop outside New Sundial Pub.
- Please only take part if you are in good health & ready to complete the 10 mile distance safely.
- There are a number of road crossings on the route so please be aware of traffic and take care when crossing.
- We would advise running with others (up to 6 people in a group), taking your own drinks, a mobile phone and wearing suitable clothing for the day you choose to run on.
- The course will not be marked. However the route is simple to follow along the coastal path & coast road footpaths.
- The terrain is a mix of coastal trail paths, footpaths, grass and a small step section. We would advise trail shoes if the weather is particularly wet but road shoes will suffice in dry conditions.
- You can view the map before taking part and familiarise yourself with the route, and we understand that there may be some slight discrepancies to some routes. We’ll take all submissions in good faith.
The virtual challenge will be £8 for adults. The entry fees will really help support our business whilst our real events are unable to go ahead & we appreciate your support!
Enter via PayPal below and then post your run in our Strava Club or email your time to Luke@runeatsleep.co.uk