The South Shields 10 Mile Race will return in 2019 on Sunday 4th August along the beautiful coastal views of South Shields. The course starts at Souter Lighthouse, heading North along the beautiful South Shields coastline and The Leas before heading back to Souter Lighthouse to finish.
RACE DATE 2019 – Sunday 4th August 2019 at 9am.
The hugely popular South Shields 10 is a fantastic challenge on multi terrain, including trails, grass and coastal paths. All finishers will receive a South Shields 10 Mile Race 2019 medal.
The race is a perfect challenge for all runners and will serve as an ideal training race before the famous Great North Run in September.
- Race HQ – Souter Lighthouse, postcode SR67NH
- Footwear – Road & trail shoes are both suitable for the course. If very wet we would advise trail shoes.
- Headphones – permitted as long as you can also listen out for instructions from marshalls & race organisers at all times.
- Water Station – Cups of water will be available on the Leas at approximately 2.5, 5 and 8 miles. Bottles of water available at finish line. We would also encourage runners to take their own drink if the weather is very hot on the day.
- Held under UKA Athletics rules & licensed with Trail Running Association
- Number Collection – On the day from 7.45am at Souter Lighthouse, or at The Bamburgh Pub on the day before the race from 9.30am-10.30am after parkrun.
- Advised cut off time – 11.45am based on previous years. We will still allow people to finish their race.
- Name Transfers – until 10 days before the race
- Car parking – Available at Souter Lighthouse site on the field to the North of the Lighthouse. There will be a charge for parking set by The National Trust of £3 all day. Free for national trust members.
- Toilets – Available at Souter Lighthouse and public toilets at Marsden Grotto (roughly 5 minutes away from start line or a minute drive)
- Entry Limit – 500
- No Entries on the day
- Enquiries to Event Organiser Luke Adams Luke@runeatsleep.co.uk
2016 – Cheryl Parkin
2017 – Jacqueline Penn
2018 – Sophie Robson
2016 – Matt Hornsby
2017 – Kurt Heron
2018 – Lee Dover