A brand new race set inside the grounds of Marsden Old Quarry. The race includes beautiful views, challenging uphill sections and exciting downhill sections. The race is not to be missed if you love the trails!
The sun will be slowly going down as runners set off, giving you a race against the sun as well as against other competitors. Sunset is estimated to be 8.35pm on the day of the race.
All finishers will receive a South Shields Lizard Trail Race Medal*
Friday 28th April
Registration 6pm-6.45pm at White Horse Pub
Limited to 100 Runners
Course Map Above (click to enlarge)
Where – Marsden Old Quarry. Registration, start and finish at White Horse Pub. Quarry Ln, South Shields NE34 7QZ
Children – must be 14 years +
Time – Race start 7pm. Number collection from 6.15pm-6.45pm
Distance – 5.3 miles approximately (includes 3 scenic laps overlooking South Shields)
Registration – Online Entries £10 affiliated / £12 unaffiliated (See Below)
Limited Parking available at the White Horse. Parking also along Quarry Lane, Lizard Lane and around Marsden Old Quarry.
Post Run Refreshments – TBC
Results and photos online within 24 hours after the race by our sponsors parcoderun.com
ONLINE ENTRY BELOW – £10 Affiliated / £12 Unaffiliated
Once payment has been made you will be automatically added to the entry list. All you need to do is turn up on the day at White Horse Pub between 6pm-6.45pm.
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE FOR ENTERING TO RECEIVE A MEDAL ON THE RACE DAY HAS NOW PASSED. If you enter after the deadline, we will aim to get these to you within 7-10 days after the race.
1. Please register above and complete the registration details (see above).
2. After registering, you will be allocated a number which can be viewed closer to the event & on the day of the event.
3. Each runner will receive a position token after the finish line. This will need to be handed in to the results volunteer with your run number to complete the results.
4. Announcements and details of the route at 6.45pm at the White Horse Pub.
5. Results will be available within 24 hours at www.runeatsleep.co.uk
6. On registering, you recognise that you will participate in strenuous exercise and that such participation may present a heightened risk of injury. All risks will be fully explained and you do not have to partake in any exercise you do not feel happy with. All attempts will be made to minimize these risks. You acknowledge that the organisers or volunteers will not be responsible for any harm that may be caused should you decide to participate in such tasks.
7. All registration fees are non-refundable.